UNIQUE to Faith
Philosophy of Christian Education
God has ordained three basic institutions – the home, the church, and the state (civil authority). In His plan, parents have the primary responsibility for training and educating their children, while the church/Christian School have an important supportive role. Faith Christian believes that the school is to be an extension of the home with authority delegated to it from the parents. In a Christian school, such as Faith Christian Academy, there can be unity of purpose between home and school. At Faith all teaching is presented from a biblical worldview, ever directing the student’s focus to Jesus Christ who alone is the source of life, wisdom, and eternal salvation. He alone can lead a student into the proper path (Ps. 25:4-5). A student’s vital relationship with the Lord will greatly aid his/her academic, social, intellectual, or physical development.
- Every student will be encouraged to develop an increasingly vital relationship with Jesus in which He becomes both Lord and friend.
- All subjects will be taught from a biblical perspective, emphasizing that all truth is God’s truth and that Jesus Christ is the ultimate source of wisdom.
- All teaching will focus upon transforming student lives, flowing out of a caring student/teacher relationship.
- The Holy Spirit will be given freedom to direct all activities at Faith Christian.
- Education will be directed toward body soul and spirit, with educational experiences constructed to promote growth in each of the three domains.
- Every student will be encouraged to participate in service projects and mission experiences.
- Character education is central to the curriculum.
- Teachers have the right to teach, while students have the right to learn. Teachers and administrators will partner to protect those rights, allowing no student to disrupt the teaching/learning process.
- Faith Christian Academy will facilitate effective teaching strategies that engage every student, and lead students to specific learning objectives.
- Faith Christian Academy will commit to teaching students how to think critically discerning truth from error.
- Extra curricular activities including athletics, fine arts, technology, leadership and various clubs are integral to the total educational experience of Faith students and will be interwoven throughout the educational program.
- Faith Christian Academy will maintain a strong commitment to excellence in every program offered.
Statement of Faith
Only convictions are protected by the first Amendment to the Constitution. By definition, a conviction is what is firmly believed and adhered to without compromise. God has called Faith Christian Academy to
The Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God; it is the ultimate source of truth and authority. (II Tim. 3:16; II Pet. 1:20-21; Heb. 4:12)be a conviction school. The following are our basic convictions:
- One of the divine mysteries that we receive by faith is that God is triune, three distinct persons, yet one God. (Matt. 28:18,19; Matt. 3:16,17)
- Jesus, who is true God and true man, is the only way of salvation having made full and complete payment for all the sins of all people when He died on the cross at Calvary, and His resurrection is proof that the Father accepted this payment. (I John 4:2 & 15; John 3:16; I John 1:7)
- The Holy Spirit initially brings believers to faith in Jesus, and keeps them in the faith day by day, and works constantly to produce spiritual maturity. Believers are to submit to the Holy Spirit and cooperate with Him as He develops spiritual fruit in each life. (I Cor. 12:3; I Cor. 6:11; Gal. 5:22-24).
- It is both a privilege and a duty to share the good news of salvation through the atoning blood of Jesus Christ with all people because all are sinful by birth and by personal act. All will perish in the eternal lake of fire unless they receive Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior. (Matt. 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Luke 24:46,47)
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit are available today. Therefore, we believe these gifts include healing miracles, supernatural wisdom and knowledge, and God speaking through prophetic utterances and tongues. FCA teaches that the baptism of the Holy Spirit is available to all born-again believers as God’s gift of power to witness and to live a victorious Christian life.(Rom. 11:29; Num. 11:22; I Cor. 12:1-11; I Cor. 14; Mark 1:8; Matt. 3:11)
- Parents have the God-given responsibility to bring their children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (Eph. 6:4; Deut. 6:4-9; Prov. 22:6)
- Prayer is a vital part of every Christian’s life. To praise God, seek His guidance, intercede for the needs of others, and offer personal petitions. God has bound Himself to answer the prayer offering - retaining for Himself the right to determine “how” and “when”. (I Thessalonians 5:16-22; James 1:5-8; James 5:13-18; I Tim. 2:1-4)
- Those who are in right relationship with Jesus will be active and regular in attendance at a church or Christian fellowship.(Act 2:42,46,47; Acts 1:14)
- God has not rejected Israel. Therefore, for the sake of God, we offer friendship and support to Jewish people throughout the world. (2 Chronicles 9:8; Psalms 98:3; Isaiah 44:21; Ezekiel 37:28; Romans 11:25; Jeremiah 31:2).